When submitting invoices to Collaborati, I get the following rejection, ‘Client ID is invalid. Client ID must match the ID stored in Collaborati’. How do I resolve this?
When submitting invoices through eBillingHub to Collaborati, the Client ID field that eBillingHub is pulling over onto the ledes file, must match exactly with how the Client ID is setup within Collaborati. To check to see how this is setup on the vendor site, you will want to follow the below steps:
- Log on to Collaborati with your personal credentials (eBillingHub’s credentials will not allow you to see the clients listed)
- Click on the Clients tab at the top of the page
- Click on the Client Name on the left
- Click on Codes
- Click on Internal Client Code
However the codes are listed on this page in Collaborati, is how the ClientID field will need to be populated on the LEDES file. If your Internal Client Code page lists the client numbers, the ClientID field will need to populate the client numbers, but if your Internal Client Code page in Collaborati lists the client names, the ClientID field will need to show the client name.
After you have identified and verified that the client name and/or number is listed within Collaborati, the next step is to ensure that eBillingHub is properly configured to populate the ClientID field with the correct information. Follow the below steps to configure the ClientIDOverride field within eBillingHub.
- Log back into eBillingHub and navigate to the following: Configuration – Configure eBillingHub – Client Setups – Configure Mapped Clients
- Click on your client from the list on the left
- Click on the ‘+’ sign, next to Show Extended Fields
- Click on the ‘+’ sign next to the field, ClientIDOverride
At this point, you can map ClientIDOverride to a user defined field from the list on the right, that contains the client name or number that matches Collaborati, or you can hardcode the value using eBillingHub’s EBH Storage field. If you decide to hardcode the value in EBH Storage, type the value (name or number) as it appears in Collaborati into the ClientIDOverride value field located under the EBH Storage option.
Once completed, save your changes, and then, in order for the newly mapped information to populate onto the LEDES file, go to the Billing Wizard, select and re-submit the rejected invoice to Collaborati.