How do I create a Multi-Invoice File?
Multi-invoice processing allows you to create a single electronic billing file that contains data from multiple invoices. eBillingHub will assist you by creating the invoice, however it does not automatically submit a multi-invoice.
After creating the invoice using the instructions below, you will then have to manually submit it to the client and/or eBilling vendor.
All invoices included in a multi-invoice file must first be processed with a status of ‘Hold’ using the Billing Wizard or Quick Invoice.
Steps to create a Multi-Invoice File from invoices previously generated on ‘Hold’ and found on the Active Invoices page:
- Under Billing, choose Multi-Invoice.
- This will display a list of clients with Active invoices.
*Please note that if two or more of your clients in your Time and Billing system are mapped to the same client in eBillingHub, and you choose one of the clients, the others will be automatically selected.
- Once you click on a client, to the right, you will see a list of available invoices for you to select that you want to include in the multi-invoice file.
To make it easier to find a particular invoice, you can filter the invoice list by status type, in the lower left hand of the page.
- In the upper right of the page, you will have an option to, ‘Use single invoice number and total’. If this box is enabled, the invoice file will be listed as a single invoice number for all the invoices you selected and also aggregate a total payment for these invoices.
The file will use the first invoice number you selected from the list of invoices and will combine all payments as one amount.
*This option does not affect the eBillingHub Reports. You will still be able to generate reports for the individual invoices.
- Click the Save Multi-Invoice button when you have finished selecting the invoices.
- You will then want to navigate to your firm’s Root Folder, which is where eBillingHub will store the multi-invoice file so you can upload the file manually to the client or vendor. The file name will be the invoice number of the first invoice that you selected, followed by the letter ‘m’. (Example: 123456m)
To check the location of the Root Folder in eBillingHub, under Configuration, click on Configure eBillingHub, then click on General Configuration (Note:You must have a user access role of Administrator to enter this page).