How do I create a custom Timekeeper Title mapping set and apply it to a group of my clients?
By creating a custom Timekeeper Title Mapping set, you will have the ability to override a timekeeper title for a specific client or matter.
To create the custom Timekeeper Title mapping and then apply it to a specific client, please follow the instructions below.
*For more information on how you can apply a custom Timekeeper Title set to a matter, follow the instructions found within the Timekeeper Title Mapping Override document located on eBillingHub’s Resources page under the Helpmenu.
- Under Configuration, choose Configure eBillingHub.
- Click on the Configure System tab and then select Manage Timekeeper Titles.
- On the Manage Timekeeper Title screen enter a “Mapping Name” and “Description” that you would like to use for the custom timekeeper mapping. For all LEDES standard timekeeper titles, keep “Code Set” set to “Standard LEDES Timekeeper Title Set.”For example, if you need a timekeeper title mapping override relevant to all clients processed through Tymetrix360 that populates the invoice with Legal Assistant versus Paralegal, you can set the mapping name to, “Tymetrix360 Title Mapping” and the description to, “Paralegal to Legal Assistant.”
- Next, click the “Add New Mapping” button.
- You will then see the new custom set for the Mapping Name and Description that you have created, populate under your default set of timekeeper mappings. To the right of the custom set, you will see an Action column, click on the Edit link.
- On the next page, located on the left, you will see a list of your firm’s internal timekeeper titles and on the right, will be a list of the LEDES standard Timekeeper Titles. The internal titles will all display as “Not Mapped.”
- To save you time from remapping everything, you can transfer your existing default timekeeper title mappigs to the new custom set, from the Copy Existing Mapping dropdown, click on default and then click on Copy.
- Next, you can then map or re-map the timekeeper title relevant to this custom set by clicking on the internal title on the left and then click on the appropriate Timekeeper Title from the list on the right.In using our same example from the title and description, if you want to have this particular set have Paralegals come over as Legal Assistant, you would select each Timekeeper Title from your internal list on the left and remap them to Legal Assistant by first clicking on the title from the left column and then choosing Legal Assistant from the right column. Repeat this step as needed.
- Once finished, at the top right side of the page, click the Save button to save the new Custom Timekeeper Title Mapping.
- Now that you have created the Custom Timekeeper Title set, the last step will be to apply the custom set to the specific client by clicking on theConfigure eBill Recipients link located on that same page.
- Within the Configure eBill Recipients page you will see a list of your currently mapped clients. Click to the right of the client that you wish to apply the Custom Timekeeper Title mapping to, click on the Edit link under the “Action” column. Then, click the dropdown box next to, “Timekeeper Title Map” to choose the custom Timekeeper Title mapping that you just created.
- Finally, click the Save button located at the top right of the page.
Repeat steps 10 and 11 as applicable to each client needed.