What do I do if I get an error message from Legal X (aka Allegient) stating: “Allegient could not find a match for this matter number?”
When submitting an electronic invoice through eBillingHub to Legal X, you may receive a generic rejection informing you that Legal X was unable to find a match for the matter number you are trying to bill. In order for Legal X to find the correct match for the matter number you are attempting to submit, you will need to reconcile the matter within Legal X, by ensuring the Firm File Number is populated for that case. You can do so by following these steps:
1. Navigate and login to the Legal X website using your own personal credentials.
2. Locate the appropriate Case that you are trying to bill, either by choosing the Cases option at the top of the page, filtering down by client, and then selecting the proper case; or by utilizing the Search function to search for the case name specifically.
3. After locating the correct case, select the case and choose Edit from the options at the top of the page.
4. To reconcile the matter, the Firm File Number field will need to be populated with the correct law firm matter number. This number is linked to the LawFirmMatterID field on the invoice, and must match exactly.
5. Click Save at the bottom of the page to finalize the new value entered.
After making the appropriate changes, please feel free to resubmit the invoice directly from the Active Invoices page within eBillingHub.