QUESTION OF THE MONTH
When submitting an electronic invoice through eBillingHub to Legal X, you may receive a generic rejection informing you that Legal X was unable to find a match for the matter number you are trying to bill. In order for Legal X to find the correct match for the matter number you are attempting to submit, you will need to reconcile the matter within Legal X, by ensuring the Firm File Number is populated for that case. You can do so by following these steps:
1. Navigate and login to the Legal X website using your own personal credentials.
2. Locate the appropriate Case that you are trying to bill, either by choosing the Cases option at the top of the page, filtering down by client, and then selecting the proper case; or by utilizing the Search function to search for the case name specifically.
3. After locating the correct case, select the case and choose Edit from the options at the top of the page.
4. To reconcile the matter, the Firm File Number field will need to be populated with the correct law firm matter number. This number is linked to the LawFirmMatterID field on the invoice, and must match exactly.
5. Click Save at the bottom of the page to finalize the new value entered.
After making the appropriate changes, please feel free to resubmit the invoice directly from the Active Invoices page within eBillingHub.
For Legal Precision/Examen, eBillingHub needs both the Legal Precision file number and the Legal Precision matter number. The ClientMatterID and BillAgentMatterID must be mapped and contain values in order to submit the invoice.
- The field ‘ClientMatterID’ must contain what LegalPrecision calls “File Number”
- The field ‘BillAgentMatterID’ must contain what LegalPrecision calls “Matter Number”
To change the matter arrangement type to flat, follow these steps:
- Submit the invoice (either through the Billing Wizard or Quick Invoice)
- On the Review Validation Summary Report page, click on the Editor icon (paper and pencil)
- On the Simple Editor, click on the Advanced icon, in the upper right hand corner
- Click on the Matter Tab across the top of the Advanced Editor
- Change the Matter Arrangement Type to Flat
- Click Save in the Advanced Editor
- Click Close in the Advanced Editor
- Click Close in the Simple Editor
- Proceed with the invoice submission
Yes, you have the option in eBillingHub to automatically save all files to either your firm’s root folder or a specified secondary location. As an eBillingHub Admin, you can manage this setting by following the below steps:
- Navigate to the Configuration page by hovering over the Configuration menu and choosing Configure eBillingHub.
- Select the Configure System tab.
- Select General Configuration.
- Under the save location portion, select the “automatically save invoice” box. (If you do not want to save the invoices to the root folder, select the option next to secondary location. You will then have the option to add an alternate location along with the ability to test access.)
- Select Save in the top right hand corner to apply this setting.
The location path must be valid for all eBillingHub users, and it should be a shared folder to which all eBillingHub users can read/write. If you receive an error message when trying to save invoices, you do not have access to this folder.
In the Billing Wizard Configuration, select “Mark invoice as final if field ‘(click to change)’ contains the following value: FINAL.” When you click the link ‘(click to change)’, a listing of your local UDFs will appear to map eBillinghub to the value you’ve selected, in this case, “FINAL.”
For all clients who require an invoice sequence (including being marked Final) you can use the INVOICE SEQUENCE extended field mapping under Client Set Ups – Configure Mapped Clients. This allows you to add any invoice sequence, which is normally INITIAL, INTERIM & FINAL.
To prevent the invoice error, add the Client ID by completing these steps:
- Log into Bottomline
- Select your client
- Click the Firm Info Tab at the top
- Click on the Client IDs link
- Select the Client Name from the drop down
- Add the ID in the Client ID column
- Click Add
You will need to update the deduction allowance on the Allegient Vendor Connectivity page in eBillingHub. You can change the minimum deduction or maximum deduction (as a percentage of the invoice total) to be larger than the attempted deduction so that the invoice will be valid for submission.
- Log in to eBillingHub
- Click on Configuration | Configure eBilling Vendor Connectivity
- Click on the Allegient link
- Update the Minimum or Maximum Deduction Allowed
The User Access Roles and their functionality include:
- Biller – This role gives the user access to items under the Billing Menu, allowing the user to generate invoices
- Client Setups – This role gives the user access to the Client Setups section of eBillingHub where they have the ability to map clients into the system
- Reporting – This role gives the user access to Reports and the Tracking page
- Editor – This role gives the user access to the Editor tool within the Billing Wizard, giving the user the ability to manually edit an invoice
It is recommended that billers using eBillingHub have active Biller and Reporting roles so that they can generate and track invoices.
Resolve this issue by updating your Client ID (Billing Name) in TyMetrix 360°.
- Login to TyMetrix 360°
- Select the Network (i.e. Corporate Client)
- Select the Menu under the firm’s profile
- Select Network Profile link
- Click Edit Billing Name
- Enter the Billing Name
- Click OK
eBillingHub Administrators may add a new user by following these steps:
- Log into eBillingHub
- Click on Configuration, Configure the eBillingHub
- On the Configure Profiles tab, click on the Manage Users link
- Add the user by inputting requested information
- Assign access role
- Click Save
Definitions of Access Roles:
- All users: Access information under the main menu
- Billers: Access everything under the biller menu
- Client Setup: Access everything on the first tab of the configure the eBillingHub screen
- Reporting: Access everything under tracking and the reports menu
- Editor: Access the editor
- Admin: Access to all pages including the other mapping screens
The new user will receive an email containing credentials. Once they log into eBillingHub, they can reset their password by clicking on the My Profile link under their name in the upper right hand corner.
More information on managing users in eBillingHub is available here.
More information on user access roles is available here.
In the Billing Wizard there are two settings for the date.
Invoice start date:
- When unchecked, the invoice start date is the ‘actual’ date of the oldest time or cost entry of the invoice.
- When checked, the invoice start date is the first day of the month of the oldest time or cost entry of the invoice.
Invoice end date:
- When unchecked, the invoice end date is the ‘actual’ date of the newest time or cost entry of the invoice.
- When checked, the invoice end date is the last day of the month of the newest time or cost entry of the invoice.
The matter does not exist or you have not correctly entered the client and matter numbers in Serengeti Tracker. Consequently, Tracker is unable to identify the correct matter to which to post the invoice.
To resolve this, log in to Serengeti Tracker and update the Client and Matter numbers.
- Log in to Serengeti Tracker
- Click on the Client
- Click on Matters
- In the drop down select “All Matters I Can Access”
- Click the Change View button
- Click on the specific billing matter
- In the Law Firm Information section, click on the link to “View/Edit Firm Client & Matter #s”
- Enter the Client number
- Enter the Matter number
- Click Save and Close at the bottom of the screen
This rejection means that one of the header rows on the invoice does not match the information set up under the matter in Litigation Advisor. For the submission to work, these values need to match EXACTLY with what is in Litigation Advisor.
There are 2 ways to correct this:
- The values can be entered into User Defined Fields in the time and billing system and then mapped to the appropriate Extended Field in eBillingHub.
- The values can be entered into eBillingHub, under the Extended Field Mappings (i.e. EBHStore).
Steps to map a User Defined Field to an Extended Field:
- Log into eBillingHub
- Click on Configuration | Configure the eBillingHub
- Click on Map Client Extended Fields
- Select the client from the left column
- Select the Extended Field from the middle column
- Click on the User Defined Field from your time and billing system on the right. This will map the Extended Field to the User Defined Field in your time and billing system
Steps to store Extended Field mapping values:
- Log into eBillingHub
- Go to the Configuration | Configure the eBillingHub
- Click on Map Client Extended fields
- Select the client from the left column or search for the client using the Filter Clients by Name box
- Click on the plus sign next to the Extended Field; a text box will display under the column EBH Storage with the name of the extended field next to it
- Enter the value you want to populate in the Extended Field into the text box
The country code needs to be a 3 digit ISO code. If you are not able to store the code in your time and billing system, the code can be entered into the ClientCountryOverride extended field in eBillingHub. Click here to view a list of standard 3 digit ISO codes.
Steps to store the code in eBillingHub:
- Log into eBillingHub
- Click on Configuration | Configure eBillingHub
- Click on Configure Mapped Clients
- Select Client
- Select *All Matters* or a specific matter
- Expand the + next to Extended Fields
- Click the + under Use EBH next to ClientCountryOverride
- Populate the field
We recognize that there can be exceptions to global settings, which is why we recently released the Configurable Elements section under the Configure Mapped Clients page within eBillingHub. This feature allows firms to set up both client and matter level exceptions to their already configured global options.
The following steps walk you through how to set up an exception at either the client or matter level.
- Navigate to the Configure Mapped Clients page.
- Select a client to configure from your firm’s client listing on the top left hand side of the page.
- If the exception is to be set up at the client level continue to the next step. If the exception that you will be configuring is at the matter level, select the appropriate matter from the list of matters shown on the right hand side of the page.
- Click on the “+” icon next to Show Additional Configuration.
- Next to the option that you want to configure, select the notepad icon under the Action column.
- Choose either True or False under the Value column depending on how you are configuring this setting.
- Click the Save disc icon under the Action column to save the exception setting.
- Repeat steps 3 through 7 if the exception applies to multiple matters under the selected client.
- Click the Save button to save all changes made to the Configure Mapped Clients page before navigating away from the page.
There are a few reports that can assist, such as the Invoices 30 days or older and not updated report, but the most useful one is the Billing Progress report found under the Management tab of the Reports / Dashboards section of eBillingHub. Based on what invoices are configured to appear in your firm’s Billing Wizard, combined with the information found within your firm’s Active Invoices page, this report is a great tool to help ease the stress of month end.
To run the Billing Progress report, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to the Reports and Dashboards section of eBillingHub
- Utilize the From and To date options to narrow the search to the current billing month or quarter, depending on your firm’s needs
- Click the View button to generate the report
This report may take a few minutes to run, as it is both synchronizing your firm’s data as well as compiling the invoice data for the report. eBillingHub synchronizes while gathering the report information so that you are provided with the most up-to-date invoice information for your review. Once complete, the report will appear as a graph, showing both red and green figures. The green represents the percentage and details of invoices that have been processed and accepted by the vendor/client. The red value represents the percentage and details of invoices that are currently still pending, whether the invoice is ready and available to process (status is new) or has been processed and currently in a pending status, such as rejected, hold, or more info required.
To view the breakdown of invoices for a particular client, double click the client’s bar graph. If you are interested in seeing the invoice details without having to click on each bar graph or export the data, click the View link next toExport All Details:. To export the details outside of eBillingHub, follow the below steps.
To Export Bar Graph Results:
- Click the export format option (Excel, Word, XML or CSV) next to Export to:listed above the bar graph
To Export All Details for All Clients:
- Click the export format option (Excel, Word, XML or CSV) next to Export All Details: listed above the bar graph
Yes, if the paperclip attachment icon is available in eBillingHub for the vendor that you are processing invoices for, the attachment can be applied at either the invoice level or line item level. The below steps walk you through both options.
In order to attach a back up receipt file, you must first select an invoice(s) and then navigate to the Validation page by way of the Billing Wizard or Quick Invoice options found under the Billing tab. Once on the Validation page, follow the below steps accordingly.
How to attach a file at the line item level:
- Click on the magnifying glass icon found below the invoice number for the invoice you wish to attach a file to a line item level
- Within the new window, scroll down to the expenses section of the invoice
- >On the line item you want to attach to, click on the blue paperclip icon found under the Attach Doc column
- Once the new window appears, click the Add file button, browse to find your attachment, select your file and then click the Ok button
- If you selected the wrong file, click on the clean button to delete the file and follow step four again
- Once you have the necessary files selected, click the Upload button to complete the attachment process
- Close the attachment window
- Close the magnifying glass window and proceed with your invoice(s)
A review of how to attach a file at the invoice level:
- Click on the blue paperclip icon found below the invoice number for the invoice you wish to attach a file to
- Once the new window appears, click the Add file button, browse to find your attachment, select your file and then click the Ok button
- If you selected the wrong file, click on the clean button to delete the file and follow step two again
- Once you have the necessary files selected, click the Upload button to complete the attachment process
- Close the attachment window and proceed with your invoice(s)
Resubmitting a Rejected Invoice that you have adjusted within your Time & Billing System:
After you correct the invoice data within your Time & Billing System, you will have to rerun the invoice through the Billing Wizard which will allow eBillingHub to pull the newly edited data for the invoice. If you are using the same invoice number, the invoice will appear in the Billing Wizard with a pending status such as Hold, Rejected or More Info Required. If your time and billing system forces you to use a new invoice number, the original rejected invoice will drop off of the Active Invoices page once you click on the client within the Billing Wizard and display the new invoice in its place.
Resubmitting a rejected Invoice after making adjustments via eBillingHub’s Editor Tool:
While on the Active Invoices page, select the invoice(s) that you want to process, and then choose the Validate and Edit Invoices from the Action dropdown menu, and click the Go button. This will take the invoice(s) you have selected back to the Validation Report page giving you access to the Editor tool. After editing the invoice(s), click the gray Submit button to resubmit your invoices. As a reminder, changes made through eBillingHub’s Editor tool will not be written back to your firm’s time and billing system.
Resubmitting a Rejected Invoice As Is:
If an invoice is rejected because of invalid information entered on the Ebilling vendor site, then you can resubmit the invoice “as is” from the Active Invoices page. This option is to be used when you do not need to make any changes to the invoice. To resubmit the invoice “as is”, simply click the blue resubmit icon listed under the Action column on the far right. This icon is only available when the invoice is in a rejected status type.
Whether you have created a custom timekeeper title, task, activity, tax, or expense code mapping, there is a final step that is often overlooked by administrators and that is to apply the mapping to a specific client or group of clients.
After the custom mapping has been configured, navigate to Configure eBill Recipients by going under Configuration to Configure eBillingHub. Within the Client Setups tab, open the Configure eBill Recipients link.
For the client you wish to apply a mapping to, click the Edit link under the Actioncolumn. This will take you to a new page, showing you what mapping eBillingHub is currently using to populate your firm’s invoices. For most firms, the option you will see chosen is the default mapping. The default mapping is your base mapping that was configured when your firm was originally implemented.
Under the section that you wish to apply your custom mapping, select the dropdown arrow, choose the name of your custom set and then click the Save button located in the top right corner of the page. This setup will tell eBillingHub to use the custom mapping for that client when creating your firm’s invoices. Repeat the steps as needed for other custom configurations.
An eBillingHub Administrator has the ability to configure vendor password notification emails by following these steps:
- Navigate under Configuration to Configure eBillingHub Vendor Connectivity.
- Click on the link of the vendor you wish to configure with a notification email.
- Enter a value into the Password Expiration Number of Days (Optional)field and then click the Save button.
- Navigate under Configuration to Configure eBillingHub.
- Select the Configure Profiles tab.
- Select the User Profile link.
- Under Set your email preferences below, for the Vendor Password Expiration option, check the Receive Warning Emails box.
- Click the Submit button in the upper right-hand corner.
*If you do not see a Password Expiration Number of Days field that is because the vendor does not require eBillingHub’s vendor account password to be updated.
**As a reminder, this feature is related to eBillingHub’s vendor accounts and not your own personal vendor account passwords.
There are several reports found within eBillingHub that can help you keep track of invoices at various stages of the billing cycle. Our top two suggested reports to help you keep track of your firm’s ebilling progress throughout the month are as follows.
As a reminder, eBillingHub reports can be accessed under the Reports menu, which is listed at the top of the page while logged into eBillingHub.
- Billing Progress Report
This report displays a listing of clients and their progress percentage within the selected date range configured. The red area indicates the number of invoices that are still pending for the client, whether they are pending because of rejections or because they have yet to be processed via eBillingHub. The green area indicates the percentage of invoices that have been processed, accepted, and have been marked as ebilled within eBillingHub.
- Invoices 30 Days or Older and Not Updated
You are most likely interested in tracking invoices that have met the 30 day mark of being available to run, yet have not been processed through eBillingHub. This information can be captured by clicking on individual clients listed within the report or by pressing the “+” icon within the client listing. This will allow you to view all of the invoices available in the Billing Wizard that have not been generated and submitted to the client.
The best way to see invoice information, including a history of the status changes, for invoices that are no longer active, is by running the Invoice History report. The Invoice History report can be accessed directly under the Trackingmenu, by selecting the Invoice History option, or by following the below steps to access the report under the Reports / Dashboards section of eBillingHub.
- While logged into eBillingHub, go under Reports to Reports / Dashboards.
- Within the Billing tab, select the Invoice History link.
- Enter the invoice number and then click the Retrieve button.
In order to access this report as well as any other eBillingHub reports, your eBillingHub account has to have the Reporting user access role enabled by your firm’s eBillingHub administrator.
An eBillingHub user can have one or more access roles assigned to them by the firm’s eBillingHub administrator within the Manage Users section under theConfigure Profiles tab.
|Administrator||Access to all areas within eBillingHub; Administrator is the only role that can access the Configure eBilling Vendor Connectivity section, Configure System tab, and the Law Firm Profile and Manage Users section with the Configure Profiles tab.|
|Biller||Access to all options under the Billing menu.|
|Client Setup||Access to all options under the Client Setup tab under theConfiguration menu.|
|Reporting||Access to all options under the Tracking andReports/Dashboards menu.
*This role provides access to the Active Invoices page, so it is an important role for users submitting and tracking invoices.
|Editor||Access to all options under the Billing menu, as well as the ability to open both the simple and advanced Editor options within the Billing Wizard and/or Quick Invoice.|
I received the following invoice error when submitting invoices to Tymetrix360 for my clients, ACE and ESIS. How do I avoid getting this error? File was rejected due to the following: Law Firm ID (TIN) is missing from your invoice file or does not match the Tax ID field in your TyMetrix 360?? Company Profile.
In order to correct or avoid this rejection message from the vendor, you will need to populate the ‘ClientFirmId’ extended field with your firm’s Unique Office Identifier value. The Unique Office Identifier is made up of your firm’s tax ID and zip code. Please note that your firm may have multiple identifiers if you bill ACE and/or ESIS out of multiple locations.
To map the Unique Office Identifier please follow the below instructions:
- Under Configuration, choose Configure eBillingHub
- Click on the Client Setups tab and then select Configure Mapped Clients
- Select the appropriate client from the list of mapped clients
- If this configuration applies to all matters under the client, keep the ‘All Matters’ option highlighted, however if this setting is just for a specific matter, select the appropriate matter from the list of matters on the right
- Next, click the ‘+’ button next to ‘Show Extended Fields’ to expand the extended fields section
- Scroll down the page and click on the ‘+’ button within the ‘ClientFirmId’field row
- Within the EBH Storage box, type in the Unique Office Identifier value(Example: tax Id is 12-3456789 and zip code is 44444, the Unique Office Identifier would be 12-3456789-44444; tax Id should match exactly how it is listed in Tymetrix 360)
- At the top of the page, click the Save button to save the new configuration
If you have received this rejection on an active invoice, select and rerun the invoice through the Billing Wizard to resubmit the newly configured invoice to Tymetrix360.
The first step will be to log into the Bottomline website and see what the error is causing the invoice to be marked as “more info required,” since Bottomline does not send those details as part of their invoice status communication. Based on the error, you will then need to choose to either Accept or Reject the invoice within Bottomline. Once complete, you will then have to update the invoice status in eBillingHub (ebilled/rejected) with the invoice status that corresponds to the changes you made in Bottomline.
The below list outlines the steps mentioned above.
- First log into Bottomline and locate the invoice that was marked “more info required.”
- Click on “Accept” to allow the invoice submission to be completed in Bottomline or “Reject” to remove the submission.
- To update the status within eBillingHub, log into eBillingHub and under Tracking choose Active Invoices.
- Find and select the appropriate invoice(s) by clicking the checkbox on the left side of the screen.
- Under the “Action Menu” drop down, select “Update Status/Add Comment.”
- Within the “Update Status/Add Comment” window, update the status to “ebilled” or “rejected” depending on which option (Accepted/Rejected) you chose within Bottomline.
- Within the “Tracking Number” and “Additional Information or Comments” portion of the “Update Status/Add Comment” window, enter notes to remind yourself that you manually updated the status for this invoice after Accepting/Rejecting within Bottomline as a best practice.
- At the top of the page, click the “Ok” button to update the new status and save any applicable comments.
If your invoice is rejected, at this time you will want to edit and resubmit to Bottomline.
By creating a custom Timekeeper Title Mapping set, you will have the ability to override a timekeeper title for a specific client or matter.
To create the custom Timekeeper Title mapping and then apply it to a specific client, please follow the instructions below.
*For more information on how you can apply a custom Timekeeper Title set to a matter, follow the instructions found within the Timekeeper Title Mapping Override document located on eBillingHub’s Resources page under the Helpmenu.
- Under Configuration, choose Configure eBillingHub.
- Click on the Configure System tab and then select Manage Timekeeper Titles.
- On the Manage Timekeeper Title screen enter a “Mapping Name” and “Description” that you would like to use for the custom timekeeper mapping. For all LEDES standard timekeeper titles, keep “Code Set” set to “Standard LEDES Timekeeper Title Set.”For example, if you need a timekeeper title mapping override relevant to all clients processed through Tymetrix360 that populates the invoice with Legal Assistant versus Paralegal, you can set the mapping name to, “Tymetrix360 Title Mapping” and the description to, “Paralegal to Legal Assistant.”
- Next, click the “Add New Mapping” button.
- You will then see the new custom set for the Mapping Name and Description that you have created, populate under your default set of timekeeper mappings. To the right of the custom set, you will see an Action column, click on the Edit link.
- On the next page, located on the left, you will see a list of your firm’s internal timekeeper titles and on the right, will be a list of the LEDES standard Timekeeper Titles. The internal titles will all display as “Not Mapped.”
- To save you time from remapping everything, you can transfer your existing default timekeeper title mappigs to the new custom set, from the Copy Existing Mapping dropdown, click on default and then click on Copy.
- Next, you can then map or re-map the timekeeper title relevant to this custom set by clicking on the internal title on the left and then click on the appropriate Timekeeper Title from the list on the right.In using our same example from the title and description, if you want to have this particular set have Paralegals come over as Legal Assistant, you would select each Timekeeper Title from your internal list on the left and remap them to Legal Assistant by first clicking on the title from the left column and then choosing Legal Assistant from the right column. Repeat this step as needed.
- Once finished, at the top right side of the page, click the Save button to save the new Custom Timekeeper Title Mapping.
- Now that you have created the Custom Timekeeper Title set, the last step will be to apply the custom set to the specific client by clicking on theConfigure eBill Recipients link located on that same page.
- Within the Configure eBill Recipients page you will see a list of your currently mapped clients. Click to the right of the client that you wish to apply the Custom Timekeeper Title mapping to, click on the Edit link under the “Action” column. Then, click the dropdown box next to, “Timekeeper Title Map” to choose the custom Timekeeper Title mapping that you just created.
- Finally, click the Save button located at the top right of the page.
Repeat steps 10 and 11 as applicable to each client needed.
The eBillingHub Law Firm Profile page stores your firm’s contact information. If your firm’s address and/or tax id is required for the LEDES invoice, the information is pulled directly from your eBillingHub Law Firm Profile page. Alternate office locations can be configured in this menu, if necessary.
The below list outlines how to create additional law firm profiles if your firm e-bills out of multiple office locations and/or has a secondary tax id.
- Log into eBillingHub.
- Navigate to the Configuration option within the main menu, then choose Configure eBillingHub.
- Under the Configure Profiles tab, select Law Firm Profile.
- In the dropdown at the top of the page called “Please select the location you wish to edit“, select “*Add New*“.
- A new window will appear. Type in the city, state, or internal code for the additional office location and then click “Ok“.
- Within the new form, fill in the required fields and then click “Submit” in the top right corner of the page.
This additional office location will now be available for use. To associate this new Law Firm Profile with specific clients and/or matters, you will need to configure the LocationTag extended field, found within the Configure Mapped Clients section of eBillingHub, by populating the city, state, or internal code you chose in step number three above within EBH Storage and/or a user defined field within your firm’s time and billing system.
If you have a client that accepts pdf invoices and uses ClientPay, you can set up the integration within eBillingHub.
- First you will need to contact ClientPay to have them set up your firm’s ClientPay account for use in eBillingHub.
- Next you will navigate through: Configuration > Configure eBillingHub > Configure System > Configure 3rd Party Integration.
- Under the 3rd Party Integration page, choose ClientPay in the drop down.
- Click on the check box next to “Active” to activate the ClientPay feature within eBillingHub.
- Add the user name and password that was provided to you by ClientPay and click save in the upper right hand corner.
Once the above steps are completed, the client recipient can utilize ClientPay to pay the invoices immediately.
Multi-invoice processing allows you to create a single electronic billing file that contains data from multiple invoices. eBillingHub will assist you by creating the invoice, however it does not automatically submit a multi-invoice.
After creating the invoice using the instructions below, you will then have to manually submit it to the client and/or eBilling vendor.
All invoices included in a multi-invoice file must first be processed with a status of ‘Hold’ using the Billing Wizard or Quick Invoice.
Steps to create a Multi-Invoice File from invoices previously generated on ‘Hold’ and found on the Active Invoices page:
- Under Billing, choose Multi-Invoice.
- This will display a list of clients with Active invoices.
*Please note that if two or more of your clients in your Time and Billing system are mapped to the same client in eBillingHub, and you choose one of the clients, the others will be automatically selected.
- Once you click on a client, to the right, you will see a list of available invoices for you to select that you want to include in the multi-invoice file.
To make it easier to find a particular invoice, you can filter the invoice list by status type, in the lower left hand of the page.
- In the upper right of the page, you will have an option to, ‘Use single invoice number and total’. If this box is enabled, the invoice file will be listed as a single invoice number for all the invoices you selected and also aggregate a total payment for these invoices.
The file will use the first invoice number you selected from the list of invoices and will combine all payments as one amount.
*This option does not affect the eBillingHub Reports. You will still be able to generate reports for the individual invoices.
- Click the Save Multi-Invoice button when you have finished selecting the invoices.
- You will then want to navigate to your firm’s Root Folder, which is where eBillingHub will store the multi-invoice file so you can upload the file manually to the client or vendor. The file name will be the invoice number of the first invoice that you selected, followed by the letter ‘m’. (Example: 123456m)
To check the location of the Root Folder in eBillingHub, under Configuration, click on Configure eBillingHub, then click on General Configuration (Note:You must have a user access role of Administrator to enter this page).
When you see a status of “Hold” with a yellow envelope icon on the Review Submission Report page, it means that the automatic submission process is not currently supported for that ebilling vendor and client. However, eBillingHub is still able to validate and generate the ledes file, and all you will have to do is manually upload the invoice to its appropriate vendor site.
Here are the steps to follow if you are submitting to a vendor that eBillingHub does not support automatic submission to:
- Generate the ledes file by first selecting the invoice(s) through the Billing Wizard or Quick Invoice.
- Click the Submit button on the Validation Report Page.
- Once on the Active Invoices page, save the invoice(s) to your firm’s configured root folder, by selecting the invoice(s) and then choosing Save Invoice and click Go from the action dropdown menu.
- Next, log into the appropriate vendor site, and upload the invoice by retrieving it from the saved root folder location.
- Finally, you will then want to update the invoice status back on the Active Invoices page, so that your firm knows that the invoice was in fact ebilled.
(To verify which client formats support automatic submission, access the supported client formats list and look for a checkmark in the Submit column. This list can be found on the Home Page under the Client Setups tab.)
Every firm has a designated Account Manager to handle items such as check-ins, utilization, questions and additional training options. Depending on your region, one of our Account Managers can assist your firm post implementation with any of those needs.
Depending on the client and/or vendor, attachments may or may not be available for a specific template. If you do not see the paperclip icon on the Validation Page, eBillingHub will not be able to deliver attachments with the invoice.
(Note: For invoices submitted through Datacert, Support may be contacted to add the paperclip icon if the client supports attachments).
There are several reports found within eBillingHub that can help you keep track of invoices at various stages of the billing cycle. The most detailed report for this information is the Billing Activity Trends Report.
As a reminder, eBillingHub reports can be accessed under the Reports menu, which is listed at the top of the page while logged into eBillingHub. Once you click on the Reports link, choose the Management tab and click on Billing Activity Trends.
The Billing Activity Trends report defaults back to one year, which can be altered for any date range that you prefer. Not only can you choose to see the number of invoices on this report but you can also see the dollar value of these invoices by changing the display dropdown to view the billed amount. This report also allows you to aggregate by day, month or year depending on how detailed you want the information to be.
Yes! The Active Invoices Reporting Option is where you can manage the settings to receive a nightly report that will show any invoice(s) that have had status changes in the last 24 hours.
Within the My Profile link, you can enable this setting to provide a report of only the invoices you have generated within eBillingHub or you can have a report generated for all invoices processed within your firm.
This is helpful to monitor what activity has occurred with your firms invoices.
The PDF invoices are delivered to your corporate clients, specifically the configured recipients, from your firm’s general eBillingHub email account (@igdsystems.com). Within the email, there will be a link and an access code. Your client will want to follow the below steps to access the invoice(s).
- Within the received email, select the link titled Retrieve My Invoice.
- Next the client will be prompted to enter the access code. The access code can be found within the original email.
- Enter the access code and then select Submit.
The link to the PDF invoice expires one week after the PDF was first accessed. If your client attempts to retrieve the invoice after it has expired, there will be a message stating that the request is invalid.
If there is trouble selecting the Retrieve My Invoice link, there is a separate link that is included in the email that can be copy and pasted into the browser.
Your firm can review the terms of the eBillingHub PDF Service within eBillingHub, at any time, by navigating under Configuration > Configure eBilling Vendor Connectivity > PDF Invoicing.
The eBillingHub Certification Program is a newly launched series of online courses and exams which allow individuals to become certified in using eBillingHub. The program is designed to improve the efficiency of eBillingHub users in order to ensure your practice meets leading industry standards.
Once certified, users are acknowledged as an expert in eBillingHub and can provide guided internal training and recommend best practices for your billing processes.
To take advantage of this program, visit the eBillingHub Certification Program site and register for a new user account. You can purchase the entire Certification Program upfront for a bundled savings or pay as you go by purchasing just the course(s) you are currently taking.
Whether the corporate client is new to e-Billing or is currently switching vendor systems, if you cannot find the template you are looking for, simply contact eBillingHub’s Support team and they will create the template for you.
Before submitting your request, verify that the client’s parent company does not already exist in the template library. For example, if your client is Smith Insurance, which is a subsidiary of AIG, and when submitting manually to the vendor site, you submit to AIG, you would map your internal client, Smith Insurance, to the AIG client template within eBillingHub’s template library, and the creation of a new template is not necessary.
If a new template is needed, please follow the below steps to help expedite the template configuration process.
- While logged into eBillingHub, go under Help to Customer Support
- Click on the Click here to add a client to our library link.
- Fill in the form, specifically the fields asking for the corresponding vendor and corporate client name, and then click the Next button.
- Within the field provided, add any additional information pertinent to the client billing requirements, and then click Next to submit the template request.
- Upon receiving confirmation via a ZenDesk ticket that a request was submitted, please provide the additional information requested by the Support team.
- LEDES e-Billing formatting specifications
- Client Billing Guidelines
- A screenshot of the vendor’s website, showing the client’s name as it appears on the site.
- Once the client template has been created and finalized, you will receive confirmation via a ticket update. At that time, you will be instructed to log into eBillingHub and map your client to the newly created template.
After a new template is created, it is a best practice to run a test invoice through the Billing Wizard, by submitting an invoice on hold, and then view the invoice to confirm that the proper validations came through, and invoice data is populated as needed, prior to submitting a live invoice.
When submitting invoices through eBillingHub to Collaborati, the Client ID field that eBillingHub is pulling over onto the ledes file, must match exactly with how the Client ID is setup within Collaborati. To check to see how this is setup on the vendor site, you will want to follow the below steps:
- Log on to Collaborati with your personal credentials (eBillingHub’s credentials will not allow you to see the clients listed)
- Click on the Clients tab at the top of the page
- Click on the Client Name on the left
- Click on Codes
- Click on Internal Client Code
However the codes are listed on this page in Collaborati, is how the ClientID field will need to be populated on the LEDES file. If your Internal Client Code page lists the client numbers, the ClientID field will need to populate the client numbers, but if your Internal Client Code page in Collaborati lists the client names, the ClientID field will need to show the client name.
After you have identified and verified that the client name and/or number is listed within Collaborati, the next step is to ensure that eBillingHub is properly configured to populate the ClientID field with the correct information. Follow the below steps to configure the ClientIDOverride field within eBillingHub.
- Log back into eBillingHub and navigate to the following: Configuration – Configure eBillingHub – Client Setups – Configure Mapped Clients
- Click on your client from the list on the left
- Click on the ‘+’ sign, next to Show Extended Fields
- Click on the ‘+’ sign next to the field, ClientIDOverride
At this point, you can map ClientIDOverride to a user defined field from the list on the right, that contains the client name or number that matches Collaborati, or you can hardcode the value using eBillingHub’s EBH Storage field. If you decide to hardcode the value in EBH Storage, type the value (name or number) as it appears in Collaborati into the ClientIDOverride value field located under the EBH Storage option.
Once completed, save your changes, and then, in order for the newly mapped information to populate onto the LEDES file, go to the Billing Wizard, select and re-submit the rejected invoice to Collaborati.